Our 3nd Annual John Taylor Memorial Tiny Tot Competition is sponsored by the Renegade Nation Color Guard.
Many people in the Dallas Ft. Worth American Indian community knew John Taylor. For those of you that didn’t know John there were 2 things he loved, the Tiny Tot dancers and Hostess Ding Dongs. John enjoyed to giving out Hostess Ding Dongs at the Pow Wows to all the kids.
Here are the Tiny Tot Rules in order to be eligible for the 1st or 2nd place prize.
- Each Tiny Tot must be registered at the Hospitality booth located next to the Artist Pavillion #6 starting at 10:15 a.m. Saturday, March 17.
- Each Tiny Tot must participate in the opening ceremonies. Line-up is at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 17. (Location for line-up will be announced when you arrive based on the number of people we have for the opening ceremony)
- The Tiny Tot Contest is for Children aged 6 years old and under. Children not yet born cannot compete, sorry moms no painted bellies.
- Each Tiny Tot must participate in the Tiny Tot Dance Competition at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, March 17.
- Each Tiny Tot must participate in the Tiny Tot Dance Exhibition 12:00 p.m. Sunday, March 19.
- Each Tiny Tot must be dressed in their tribal clothing to claim their prize at the Awards Ceremony 4:30 p.m. Saturday, March 17.
There will be 1 Tiny Tot First Place Winner: award is $50 cash and $50 Toys R Us gift card.
There will be 1 Tiny Tot Second Place Winner: award is $25 Toys R Us gift card.
Only children in full regalia/tribal dress are eligible for the 1st and 2nd place awards however, any child can compete and will receive a gift bag if they enroll at the Hospitality booth Saturday morning and attend all the required activities.